Criminal Background Checks
in Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta
Police Record Checks / Criminal Record Checks
Security within the workplace is becoming a growing concern for employers in the public and private sector. The top Edmonton law offices recognize this growing need and offers processing for Canadian criminal background checks for public institutions and private employers who want to maintain particular hiring standards. Alternatively, you may be applying for a particular job that requires you to submit a certified background check confirming a clean criminal record.
Criminal Name Index Check (Criminal Background Check)
The Criminal Name Index Check simply compares an individual’s name and date of birth against information contained in the Canadian Police Information Centre Identification Data Bank. If there is no match then the result will indicate no match. However, if there is a potential match, then the only way to confirm whether an individual has a criminal record is by the submission of fingerprints.
Requirements for a criminal background check:
The following items are necessary information/identification for completing a criminal background check.
1. Identification: An Applicant must provide two (2) pieces of valid (non-expired) identification, one of which must be government-issued and include the Applicant’s name, date of birth, signature and photo.
The following are acceptable with respect to government issued photo identification requirements:
- Driver’s License (issued by Canadian province or territory)
- Foreign Driver’s License
- Canadian Passport
- Foreign Passport
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident (PR) Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- International Student Identity Card
- Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC)
- Canadian National Institute of the Blind (CNIB) Identification Card
- Federal, provincial, or municipal employee identification card
- Military Family Identification Card (MFID)
- Please Note: Health Cards and Social Insurance Number (SIN) cards are not acceptable.
2. Address(es) within the past five years: Applicants must provide their current and previous addresses within the past five years.
3. Fax Number (if applicable): If results are to be released to a third party (potential employer), you will need to provide a fax number. Please note: certificates cannot be mailed to anyone other than the Applicant at the address provided on the application form.
Only get the best Edmonton lawyer
for processing your criminal background check
Whether you are an employer processing multiple applications for criminal background checks, or an individual required to submit a criminal background check, the top Edmonton lawyers can assist you in collecting the correct information to verify a person’s status within the Canadian Police Information Centre Identification Data Bank.
Contact an Alberta Notary Lawyer Today
|M. Robert Mackinnon, B. Sc., LL.B.
Edmonton Notary Lawyer
McGlashan & Mackinnon – Edmonton Commercial Lawyers
Robert has been and continues mostly to be a general practitioner. He practices in a broad range of the legal areas, including residential and commercial real estate, construction and real Estate Litigation, family law, corporate and commercial, civil litigation and Wills and estates.
|Brian McGlashan, B.A., LL.B.
Edmonton Notary Lawyer
McGlashan & Mackinnon – Edmonton Notary Lawyers
Brian McGlashan, co-founder of McGlashan and Mackinnon was called to the Alberta Bar in 1995. Brian has appeared in all levels of Alberta Courts. Brian practices estate law and notary services in Edmonton.